Sunday, January 11, 2009

Didn't see it coming....


After looking at a number of places and exploring the Camden/Rockland/Rockport area I was really into the area but not very enthusiastic about what we were finding for property. In this terrible market it IS a good time to buy, especially for a first time home buyer. We were leaving after a couple days of looking with no luck. We went to one last place before heading out and what we found was pretty sweet. So now The house is under contract and I close on the 28th of this month. I know, what the hell am I doing?? To answer the common questions: Yes, I am still heading to Alaska to jump, Yes I am going to rent it out, Yes, I will be returning in the fall to live in Rockland, (or base out of there anyway), no I won't be driving to Alaska, ill fly, Yes I have all of my belongings in Bend (they will be retrieved in the fall), yes Ill be living in Rockland until April, and yes I am doing it myself. I am impulsive for sure, but I have found that when I want to do something I go try to made it happen, it has worked out so far so hopefully this will be the same. It is a good investment, a good place for me to put my money instead of paying someone Else's mortgage.   Well see, it is all part of the "ride" I feel real good about moving to Rockland, I love the coast, I love the edgy seaside fishing town. It is one of the few areas of the coast where the mountains meet the sea. It truly beautiful, and not being there in the summer will allow me to enjoy it in the spring, fall and winter without the tourist crowd. Oh and Camden Snow bowl is in town so I can hit the slopes, calm the craving and and work on those tele-turns, looking out at the island's and the sea. Not bad. 

No comments: