Saturday, October 25, 2008

The trenches




The old man sat up on his tractor digging while I slaved away in the trenches laying sewer line all day........ Actually he must have carpel tunnel from playing a real life video game all day, lucky. He gets into it and moves some serious dirt around. Weston, "In my next life I'm going to run excavators" (That is a direct quote) aka Dad, DID all the work, I occasionally got into the ditch and continued the line, putting insulation over the pipe and burying it. We got a ton accomplished and dug farther than either of us could have imagined, no huge rocks halting progress.  The rest of the day I bounced around doing all kinds of stuff. At one point I swept three chimneys, I felt like Marry Poppins Boyfriend. Chim-chiminy- chim chim-chim- charoo right? something like that. Anyway, it was a good productive day. Shameus stayed close (except for when he was eating the better part of a bag of kitchen trash) supervising the operations, making sure we weren't being unsafe or making any mistakes. We pay close attention to safety, always.

No comments: